Sunday, November 2, 2008

Are Vaccines Safe and Effective?

by: Diodati, Catherine, M.A.
www.consumerhealth.org/articles/display.cfm?ID=20001118213614
Catherine Diodati received her Master's Degree at the University of Windsor. Her postgraduate research focused on biomedical ethics and mass immunization. She has received many honours for her work there including the prestigious Board of Governor's Medal. Her recent book about vaccinations, Immunization: History, Ethics, Law and Health, is the most comprehensive book in its field to date. This book is meticulously researched and fully documented. She continues her research on immunization issues and is viewed by her peers as an expert on vaccine-related issues.

PERSONAL HISTORY
Fifteen years ago my daughter had her third DPT-Polio (diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus and polio) vaccination at six months of age. After the first two vaccines, she had a fairly typical reaction: a little fussiness, a little fever, nothing extraordinary. But after her third vaccine, she began crying; the crying turned to screaming. This lasted for a few hours and then there was silence. She didn't wake up for seven days. (This semiconscious condition, called "excessive somnolence," is indicative of encephalitis or swelling of the brain due to the vaccine - Ed.) I had no idea that vaccine reactions existed, but I knew that something was wrong. Our doctor said her reaction had nothing to do with the vaccine, that I was a hysterical mother, and insisted that I continue vaccinating my daughter. Instead I began to do some research and discovered that many lives have been devastated by adverse vaccine reactions.

After a great deal of investigation, I found experimental research showing that if you have a sensitivity to a component in milk called bovine serum albumin, and you are exposed to the pertussis vaccine, there is a high probability of brain damage and death. In fact, all of the mice in the experiment who were allergic to milk died. My daughter also had a milk allergy. Although they knew about her severe adverse reaction and the potential for further injury, our local health unit called me frequently, trying to pressure me into vaccinating her. The only way I got them to stop calling me was to ask for their personal signed guarantee that they would be financially responsible for her further care if she was injured. Read More........ at link above

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOUR COMMENTS