Saturday, April 10, 2010

REVIEW OF TROPICAL TRADITIONS OXYGEN BLEACH & CHANCE TO GET FREE COCONUT OIL BOOK!

I LOVE my 1950’s white porcelain sink, which we bought second hand and installed about 2 years ago. However, because it is an older sink, the porcelain has worn off in areas which had been well used. Periodically the sink accumulates a dingy stain due to the more porous nature of the exposed material, which used to be protected by the porcelain finish. The only remedy I knew of to brighten and whiten the sink was to use chlorine bleach. Being chemically sensitive, especially to strong odors and other cumulative effects of toxic materials, made this process a chore that was often put off. When I found out about Tropical Tradition’s (TT) oxygen bleach, I was excited to try a nontoxic, odor free alternative. I must say that I was not disappointed with the results. There was no odor that I could detect and the sink came out white and glossy. In the past it had been difficult to use the liquid chlorine bleach to whiten the drain boards. There is a slight tilt to the drain boards and the bleach would run off before it had a chance to do its job. With TT’s oxygen bleach I was able to add a small amount of water to the powder, make a paste, and apply it to the drain board. This worked perfectly.


I was having fun trying to find different uses for the bleach. I thought of my fairly new white tile grout on the floor in the bathroom. I had been discouraged because despite several applications of a special grout sealer, the grout would very easily soak up any dirt that landed on it. Mold in some areas was also a problem. I made a concentrated, almost paste like solution and applied it to the grout, let it sit for half an hour and then scrubbed it lightly with a brush, rinsed it off and then dried it. Presto…..it was white again. I feel so much better that I can now keep the grout clean. Scrubbing grout with chlorine bleach, with my head right above the fumes, was not something I was going to do and the result was dirty grout.


Again, because I am chemically sensitive, I do not use anything in my laundry besides perfume and dye free detergent. I hated to use chlorine bleach so consequently I had dingy laundry along with my dingy sink and dirty grout! I’ve only used the oxygen bleach once in the laundry so far, but I did notice a big improvement. I read that oxygen bleach could be used on upholstery. One of our couches was badly stained on the armrest. I made a solution of powder and water, according to directions,and patted it on the armrest with a rag. I was somewhat leery of doing this because I was afraid I was getting the armrest too soaked and that it would never dry out. Half an hour later I used a dry rag and scrubbed the armrest. Later in the day it was perfectly dry and I could see that there was no trace of dirt left but yet the color of the upholstery did not fade.


Oh yes……there is one other thing I was very excited about. My thirty-three year old kitchen countertops had ink and rust stains on them which I couldn’t get out, so….I applied a paste of bleach and water and half an hour later the stains were gone.


As you may be able to tell…..I am very happy with this product!

Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.

Tropical Traditions has a super product line, virgin coconut oil being one of their most famous products. I buy it by the gallon, as it has many health benefits. Here is a link to their video about how they discovered virgin coconut oil. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h6eycjf29M

Want to Win A Free Book About Coconut Oil? Read On!

Tropical Traditions also has a Referral Program, so if you place an order with them as a first-time customer, please select “Referred by a friend” and in the box that says “How did you hear of us?” enter my sponsor ID number… 5724618. By telling Tropical Traditions that I referred you, you will receive a complimentary copy of the book Virgin Coconut Oil: How it has changed people’s lives and how it can change yours! by Brian and Marianita Shilhavy with your first order! This book is filled with testimonies and research showing how healthy coconut oil is, and it also includes over 85 recipes showing how one can incorporate coconut into their diet.


If you wish to visit the Tropical Traditions website, make a purchase and receive the free book, here are some instructions to guide you.


1. Add the items you would like to purchase from the order form linked to Tropical Traditions. Visit www.healthybuyersclub.com/orderform.cfm


2. You'll be directed to the Order Form at the Tropical Traditions/Healthy Buyers Club website. You do not have to be a member or purchase a membership to buy from Tropical Traditions. Membership in the Healthy Buyers Club allows you to purchase in bulk amount at club member discounts if you choose to join. If you choose not to purchase a membership to the Healthy Buyers Club please order under the heading “Retail Sale Items”. This will enable you to purchase less than case amounts of any of the individual items without a membership.


3. Select the items you would like to purchase.


4. When you are ready to check out please click on the "Continue'' link which will take you to your shopping cart.


5. Review your order and then click on the "Check Out" button from your shopping cart.


6. Fill in your account information as directed. In the box: "How did you hear of us?'' you must select: "Referred by a friend'' on the drop down arrow. When you make this selection, a box for your sponsor's User ID number should appear if you are a first time customer.


7. Enter your sponsor's User ID number 5724618.


8. To complete your order click on "Save and Proceed to Checkout" at the bottom of this page and follow the instructions through the checkout process. You will receive an order number when you have successfully placed your order.


By following these steps, you will receive a complimentary copy of the book Virgin Coconut Oil: How it has changed people’s lives and how it can change yours! by Brian and Marianita Shilhavy. Your sponsor will receive a coupon for a complimentary gift to redeem on their next order. You may view the current complimentary gift being offered here: http://www.tropicaltraditions.com//referral_program.htm 


Those with additional questions about taking advantage of the referral program when creating their new account may email us using this link: http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/customerservice.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOUR COMMENTS